Thursday, June 9, 2011

Generosity

“For God so loved the world that he gave….” ~John 3:16

Generosity is something that I have been wrestling with for the past few days. After recognizing this theme in two books I recently read, in an email I received this morning, and at church earlier, I think it’s time to take responsibility for my lack of it.

I have been selfish with what God has given me; we all too often are. During small group time at church today, I was given a challenge for the next week about generosity: to think about what God has given me an abundance of and to do something “generous” to give some of it away. A small step it may be, but for those of us who selfishly hoard what God has given us, it’s a start in the right direction. So I challenge all the other selfish hoarders like myself to join me and take this little step in living out our faith this week.

I haven’t quite decided what I’ll do yet. But I’ll start with a small bit of generosity by sharing with you all some interesting articles from World Vision ACT:S that I came across today. Check these links out:

6 Things to Know at 20-Something

6 Tips: Find a Cultural Experience

ACT:S Summer Adventure Bucket List

No comments:

Post a Comment